180 L Planted Aquarium Journal

Through building and maintaining beautiful nature aquaria people re-learn the intricate connections between forms of life, plants, fish, microorganism and humans. Riches and beauty come from harmony, from balance. Aquaria are great teachers of this truth. Takashi Amano

8/01/2006

Something worth mentioning

There is something I would like to share with all of you and especially with you that keep Angelfish. This happened approx. two moth ago. Every morning, after I make my self a tea, I go to the aquarium to check is everything OK and fish are happy. What I found out that morning was not pleasing at all. One of my Angels had severely damaged Dorsal fin. Two fin rays were split and the third one on the way. I thought it's the worst, the Fin Rot! But that disease looks different. Then I thought that this split fins are caused by poor diet...but wait a minute...I feed them twice a day with different type of food.
The second day, I woke up and ran out of the bed straight to the aquarium to check on my sick pet. The fin was half healed as you can compare on the photos. I was shocked, in the nice way of course.

The third day, the fin was almost totally healed. It is amazing how fast fish fins can regenerate. In just three days! The 4th day you couldn't tell which of my two Golden Angels were the damaged one :-)
The possible cause was probably moving through the vegetation and the fish tried to go backwards or something similar... Any way everything ended up fine.

Photos by Dusko Bojic