180 L Planted Aquarium Journal

Through building and maintaining beautiful nature aquaria people re-learn the intricate connections between forms of life, plants, fish, microorganism and humans. Riches and beauty come from harmony, from balance. Aquaria are great teachers of this truth. Takashi Amano

3/04/2006

The 30th day



I placed the second bog-wood today. It is a bit too dark but the Otos seem to like it. I am planning to break down the big contrast between the bog-wood and the white gravel by adding some carpet plants and by attaching some plants to the wood. I already attached some Java moss ( Vesicularia dubyana ) on to it. The ammonia and nitrite are zero. There are no signs of algae existing which makes me a little worried. I want to have some algae in the tank as a food supplement for the Otos. They are the only fish that does not eat the food I give them. I feed the spirulina after the light but the Angels find it first and of course eliminate it :) . Otos still look healthy except the smaller one that was skinny when I bought it. All in all the aquarium looks healthy.