180 L Planted Aquarium Journal

Through building and maintaining beautiful nature aquaria people re-learn the intricate connections between forms of life, plants, fish, microorganism and humans. Riches and beauty come from harmony, from balance. Aquaria are great teachers of this truth. Takashi Amano

4/03/2006

The 2nd Month

I discovered today, that I have a pregnant Caridina japonica inside my tank. This is my first experience with it. As you can see on this photo, the eggs are held within the females pleopods. The larvae should hatch in about 28 days. I am not sure if my tank water is of the right range for them. Knowing that they like to hatch in brackish water, I believe all the larvae will...well, die.
Today I started adding liquid fertiliser without phosphates and nitrates, the Tropica Master Grow. I added only the half of the recommended dose. Will add it every week after the water change.