180 L Planted Aquarium Journal

Through building and maintaining beautiful nature aquaria people re-learn the intricate connections between forms of life, plants, fish, microorganism and humans. Riches and beauty come from harmony, from balance. Aquaria are great teachers of this truth. Takashi Amano

8/08/2006

New Aquascape :-) the 7th month

After approximately 7 month I decided to change the aquascape a little bit. Yes, Bacopa left the family together with the Alternanthera reineckii "roseafolia" . I added lots of rocks that I collected few weeks ago in Denmark.
Cardinal Tetras are very happy with this change I can tell. They shoal over the dark, newly added, gravel at all times. With the light gravel they would rather hide amongst the plants, but now they feel more secure I would say. It is lovely seeing them shoal like that.
I will plant some Java Moss soon beside the stone line, to get a more natural feel. At the moment I will try to keep my remaining plants happy so they can keep the water quality high.
Photos by Dusko Bojic.