180 L Planted Aquarium Journal

Through building and maintaining beautiful nature aquaria people re-learn the intricate connections between forms of life, plants, fish, microorganism and humans. Riches and beauty come from harmony, from balance. Aquaria are great teachers of this truth. Takashi Amano

8/18/2006

In just ten days ...

10 days is all Hygrophila polysperma needs to get to the surface. Few more days and it will over-run the left side of the tank.
Big changes; I stopped using CO2 Yeast DIY !!! Why? I would like my plants to grow slower, because of fertilising. I will change 25% of water every month now, and add 10ml of each PMDD + 10ml of TMG for Iron.
The real reason for doing this are the Amano shrimps. I will try to breed and raise them again, and fertilisers contain copper that can accumulate after some time and effect the shrimps.
Now I am better prepared for breeding this fantastic shrimp! I collected all I need. 3 of my Amanos are carrying eggs, so all I have to do is wait for about 20 days, to put them into the hatching tank. More info on Caridina japonica breeding Vol.2