180 L Planted Aquarium Journal

Through building and maintaining beautiful nature aquaria people re-learn the intricate connections between forms of life, plants, fish, microorganism and humans. Riches and beauty come from harmony, from balance. Aquaria are great teachers of this truth. Takashi Amano

2/24/2006

The 22nd day

This is the day when 14 Cardinal Tetras joined my aquarium family. They are shoaling together. Their red bellies are a bit pale. Hoping that will improve with right diet and low pH. At the moment my pH is 7,8. It raised, last time it was showing pH 7,5. Can't wait for the second bog-wood to be ready for the aquarium to lower the pH. The bog-wood is still leaking tannins so I am keeping it in a water bucket for two weeks. It is hell, photographing Cardinals ! I made around 70 shots but I could only use a few.
Photos by Dusko Bojic